Saturday, February 23, 2008


I've been on a search for the compass of purpose and direction. Wrestling with God, asking so many questions, wanting so many answers...wanting solid ground under my feet. In my quest I've come across a wonderful book by Judith Couchman, "Designing a Woman's Life" In it she wrote,

"When we're willing to wrestle with our disbelief and eventually embrace a God-based significance, when we push beyond an intellectual understanding into the knowledge of the heart, it poignantly influences how we view ourselves and manage our lives. Instead of questioning our worth and berating our imperfections, we can consider ourselves magnificent works of art in progress, filled with meaning and the freedom to be who God created us to be.

Even more, we could accomplish nothing or everything admired by humanity and keep peace within our souls. We hear the Creator's affirming whispers and know that our significance does not fluctuate with the circumstances. We stay God-centered and internally free. We find ourselves rooted in love and confidence instead of tossed by the wavering winds of accomplishment.

We also lovingly respond to God."


This book is filled with so many insights that seem to speak right to my heart at this moment. I'm struck by the words..."poignantly influencing how we view ourselves and manage our lives"...I wonder what that would look like for me? And what does it really mean...what does it look like...how does it act...to find ourselves staying God-centered and internally free? I'm not looking for answers...they would probably only lead to more questions.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

2 comments:

Carol said...

You can be CONFIDENT that you are God's prize trophy already! You already are His new creation, and just keep getting better. You are already FREE! I love you, my sister!

one hot momma said...

thank you...