Friday, February 09, 2007

Ever been caught with your foot in your mouth?


On Wednesday, I gave a talk to Jen's MOPS group. Topic: SEX! But that's not what this post is about...

On Wednesday, I gave a talk to Jen's MOPS group afterwards, a mom came up to talk with me. She was an "older" mom for a MOPS group probably in her late 30's-early 40's. Well anyway, I'm with my coffee girls and I'm telling them about my morning. I start the story like this:

"Ya, and this one mom came up to me...she was a "older"...um...she was probably 40...um..." At that point I realize that everyone sitting around the table listening to my story is approximately 5 years older than me...qualifying them as an "older" mom... It looked for a moment like they were going to kill me. There was no way out of it...they had me. Oops!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Please note: I am not 40, and won't be for a long time, well, at least 330, no 320 no 310, um like over 300 days!

Mommy Brain said...

I never said who was sitting at the table!

Jen said...

I think what Christine was saying was that this mom was "older" to be in MOPS. In comparison to the twenty-something moms of toddlers, this mom of a toddler was older than that.

There. I defended you. :-)

Jen said...

And anyone older than me is old.

Carol said...

Oh, well then I guess I've been caught with my foot in my mouth!

one hot momma said...

uh, yeah, Jen, you're digging yourself a deep hole too! Anyway, if you didn't know it already, I am 40 and I'm HOT!

Anonymous said...

You girls always crack me up. :) Christine, lol...love the pic on your post, too...very fitting. :)

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Whoops! Well, you can always blame it on Mommy Brain.. ;o)