Sunday, October 22, 2006

Back on two feet... cross your fingers!

First, I want to thank all of you for your encouragement and sympathy…it helps to know that other girlfriends know what I’m going through. I have to say, the blog is great when you are stuck in the house…I may not have been able to go out with girlfriends but to talk about it on the blog helps a ton!

Friday was a LONG day to say the least. After blogging, I called my mom and just started balling! It was feeling completely selfish and immature and my mom knew just what to say…until she didn’t and started telling me about this guy who is in a wheelchair for life and has a much worse life than mine…sorry mom, it was “all about me” time don’t need or want to hear about others problems…hanging up now! I told you, selfish and immature….

Well, Saturday Wesley popped right back…totally amazing! Doug is a little slower to the draw but we had to sing and play on Saturday evening so…take some Immodium and let’s go, the show MUST go on! We had greasy sandwiches for dinner, per Doug’s request and against my better judgement, so needless to say he wasn’t feeling so grand this morning…but again, the show must go on. Three service weekends can be such a killer for us…but at least I got to get out of the house!

Sickness over…we are no longer doing sick here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Glad to hear you're all feeling better. I'm with Doug...after being sick, sometimes you can't help but crave something good and greasy - even KNOWING it will come back to haunt you later! :P Hope you have a great week!