Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reality...

Ok so all of you read my post from last night. Some of you cried, some of you scoffed, some of you wondered what was wrong with me. Well let me tell you. Last night I blogged in the quiet of my clean house. 3 of the children and the hubby were at VBS, one slept soundly like an angel and mommy was home alone. She sat at the computer and wasn't interupted or cried at, no one made a request of her, the TV was even turned off. And from that chair she wrote the oh so sweet words of leaving the role of mommy behind and how difficult that would be. Then, reality set in. Hubby came home from VBS angry at the kids because they lost their manners and made him look bad. #3 cried because he was too tired and didn't want to go to bed. #2 wouldn't stop talking and talking and talking and talking. #1 wanted to stay up to watch Drake and Josh and thought we were the most cruel parents in the world because we wouldn't let him. #4 continued to sleep soundly. 6am came, mommy got up and did pilates and yoga, read your mostly beautiful comments to my blog, drank coffee and made herself breakfast. She sat down to enjoy her breakfast and was promptly asked what she was giving #2 & #3 for breakfast. She got up w/o eating and made them breakfast, then #4 got up and demanded breakfast, then when that was done #1 wanted his breakfast. She tried to take a shower only to be interupted by all four at separate times, she tried to pee only to have #4 and the dog come in and watch. And at that moment in time wondered out loud..."what was I thinking?" Oh school bus you are welcome here...oh teachers you are blessed...oh summer roll, roll into fall ...mommy is tired and hungry and can't wait to sit down for a cup of coffee!

7 comments:

Jen said...

expectation/reality

i am not said...

ROFL! It's the E! True Hollywood Story of Mommy Brain! Roll on summer, roll on!

kkoois said...

now, that's more like it!

one hot momma said...

ok, so now you get my feeling blue earlier this summer, and then reality sets in!!! I'm right there with you sister!!! bring on that Bus!!! Can it take all 7 of them just for one morning? How much do you think that will cost us?

Anonymous said...

But just remember....

there WILL come day when you wish you heard talking, talking talking, there will come a day when you wish someone still lived at home to demand breakfast from you, there will come a day when you wish you could be disturbed just ONE more time while taking a shower.

When it's over, it's over. Your house all too soon will be quiet & spotless. Enjoy the noise. Enjoy the demanding. Enjoy the disturbances. Once they are gone, they won't be back.

Carol said...

You are so funny! I'm right there with you. Some days when one of my boys are not around because he was at a friend's overnight or playing by the neighbors for 4 hours, I say to myself, "I really miss him." And then he comes home and begins arguing with his brothers or is very demanding of me, and I say to myself, "What was I thinking?" I'm am so with you on this, sister!

Anonymous said...

I was in agreement with you on the sentimentality...until my kids returned home from Papa and Nana's house at 3pm today with their toy horns that they won at the fair. My mom just looked at me and grinned...that wicked, wicked woman!
When I'm getting really frustrated with the normal "mommy" stuff, wishing my kids would just let me be, I cannot help but think of a couple of girlfriends who have lost children. What they wouldn't give to have the noise, bickering, and interruptions back again. It's hard to see those things as blessings until they're ripped from your world in a moment.